Alliance Insurance Group is a dynamic, growing, independent insurance agency in Golden, Colorado seeking an Accounting Assistant/Receptionist. This position is part time up to 25/hrs a week. We offer flexible scheduling.
What do we do? We meet the vast needs of our clientele by packaging superior insurance programs for individuals and businesses with sophisticated insurance needs. We are specialized insurance consultants assisting clients in various areas including, but not limited to: Home, Auto, Excess Liability, Commercial Property, General Liability, Automobile, Workers Compensation and Professional Liability for all types of businesses and personal insurance customers. Alliance is proud of our team of hardworking staff members dedicated and passionate about the success of each of the team members.
The Accounting Assistant will provide ongoing support to the accounting team of the Alliance Insurance, Health and Benefits, and Business Solutions business units.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have basic accounting skills and directly assist the CFO.
- Learn the insurance ecosystem to assist in projects supporting personal and business insurance operations. This includes understanding customers, carriers, lines, policies, products and processes involved in the daily operation of an insurance agency.
- Direct bill reconciliation
- Data entry, scanning, and filing.
Associate’s Degree or High School Diploma preferred
1-3 years of office experience required
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a professional manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to think critically.
- Team player with strong collaborative and people skills that is also able to work efficiently independently.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage competing demands in a fast-paced, often changing, environment.
- Ability to effectively present information, interact, and respond to managers, clients/customers, vendors, as well as the public.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows-based environment including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Willingness to learn industry-specific software programs.
- Quick learner who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- Insurance industry knowledge a plus.
Please respond with your name, number, email address, resume and a short description of yourself and your professional goals to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES BEYOND THE DENVER METRO AREA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Job Type: Part-time